This bridge is the secondary river crossing over Sylvan Slough that is
part of the same Mississippi River crossing as the Government Bridge
located just to the north. This is the site of the first full crossing
of the Mississippi River, and the site of several earlier crossings
to Arsenal Island. This includes an 1854, which was destroyed by ice,
an 1870 iron bridge, and an 1894 steel truss bridge.
This bridge consists of six pony plate girder spans of 105 feet each,
plus a single deck plate girder span of 75 feet. The bridge appears
to be relatively light in structure compared to the massive Government
Bridge that is part of the same crossing.