This B-18 spent WWII bouncing around a number of airbases serving as a bombardier trainer and as a light transport. It was dropped from inventory in 1944. The Bolo spent 14 years on the civil registry before ending up in Cuba in 1958. The aircraft was brought back to the US and parked at Cannon AFB in 1960. A crew from Lowry Heritage Museum requested custody of the aircraft in 1982, with word arriving 6 years later that the transfer was authorized. Teams from the Lowry museum recovered and restored the B-18 starting in 1988 and working though the 90s.