The 1871 structure was removed and rebuilt in 1898 to 1899. It was moved about 500 feet downstream. In its new configuration, it only crosses Sylvan Canal. It no longer crosses the entire Sylvan Slough back channel. The plant now takes water from the back channel, generates hydropower using water turbines, and then discharges the water into the Sylvan Canal. This is known as a run of the river power plant due to not having a storage reservoir behind the dam.
The power plant was rebuilt again in 1941 to 1942. The current 3.2-megawatt hydropower generators were installed. In addition, gas and oil turbines were installed to generate an additional 64-megawatts of electrical power. The plant continues in operation today under the flag of the Mid-American Energy Company.